HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

Hide & Seek

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GoD_GraveDancer
Human
Human

Zombification : 0
Brains : 6380

PostSubject: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Had to start a new post, since the others were locked.

Has anyone seen the new Intel on the HQ regarding Hide & Seek?

It appears that there is actually something we are missing and seems the the game can be won. Read the Intel a couple of times. Also, could the pic they chose for this Intel render any clues?

Intel 320

Mysterious reports keep pouring into our HQ and these new reports are bringing more then just new intel concerning our latest threats. Just when we started to wrap our heads around the idea of a zombie outbreak, we're now receiving reports of paranormal activity affecting our troops! While some of you soldiers may have witnessed something strange, we happen to know that there are still some secrets that have yet to be discovered within Der Riese. That Germen research facility from Hell holds a fair amount of riddles behind its walls, and we're thinking that they're just waiting to be solved.

While it may be no secret that there is a hidden achievement to be gained within Der Riese, the exact procedures are still rather hazy for us generals on the sidelines. We've heard scattered reports and rumors of a machine known as the Fly Trap. Supposedly activating this Fly Trap device is connected to the coveted achievement. We're not sure how to activate it, but we did see one of our skilled snipers carrying the achievement, so maybe we should ask him.

If you troops happen to be heading back to Der Riese for another go, please remember to keep your wits about you and rely on the strength of your teammates. We've lost too many good soldiers and I'm not talking about the ones who've become zombie chow. Our psych ward back at base is filled with G.I.s whose heads are filled with voices of little demons. They say that these tiny voices won't leave them alone. The voices are begging them for another game of Hide and Go Seek, whatever that means.

Well there you go. We've told you troops what we know about Der Riese, so now it's your turn to share some stories. How has Der Riese been treating you since it opened its cursed doors? Have any wartime horror stories worth sharing? Sound off below.

Last edited by GoD_GraveDancer on Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.PrestigeGamerz.com
mv670
Human
Human

Zombification : -1
Brains : 5950

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:35 pm

hmm I thought the Fly Trap was all figured out by now.
Back to top Go down
GTOGreg
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 20
Brains : 6361

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:07 pm

Agreed mv670, Even after reading several times, as suggested, I don't dee any new information related to "wining the game" in the original post.

GraveDancer,I'm not trying to be difficult or anything but can you elaborate on your interperetation of the intel and where you see the prospects for "winning the game"? or what you feel we might have been missing in the hide & seek mini game?

Some of the things I have tried for Hide & Seek include:

Mixing up the order/combination of the (3) known hide & seek teddy bears
Initiating the Fly Trap and letting others play hide & seek
Using monkey bombs to secure the monkey in the furnace
Using upgraded and non-upgraded Wunderwaffle to shoot the glowing objects after activating the fly trap
Shooting and attempting to activate the switch located at the mainframe manually and with varoius upgraded and non-upgraded weapons
Shooting the moon with varoius upgraded and non-upgraded weapons
Shooting the clock with varoius upgraded and non-upgraded weapons
Activating the fly trap and waiting 1, 2, and 3 rounds before playing hide & seek
Activating the fly trap and locating one of the (3) known teddy bears on each of the (3) following rounds
Activating the flytrap and not playing hide & seek at all

The pic is cool, though....
Back to top Go down
baddreams12345
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 16
Brains : 6573

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:15 pm

I've thought for awhile that you could beat zombies. My theory is you have to unfreeze time(clock would begin to more) so that the moon will move revealing the sun(making it daytime) and then whatever they use to make zombies would lose its power.
Back to top Go down
MRSshr00ms
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 44
Brains : 8679

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:27 pm

baddreams12345 wrote:
I've thought for awhile that you could beat zombies. My theory is you have to unfreeze time(clock would begin to more) so that the moon will move revealing the sun(making it daytime) and then whatever they use to make zombies would lose its power.
I was kinda thinkin along those lines also.... mabye shoot the clock with a gun... about the intel, i think that when you shoot the fly trap it has to relate to something in the location, in the picture. Why would they show it then?? Mabye there is something in the cave? Mabye there is an extra radio added somewhere that we have not discovered there?? Mabye they are adding radios to all levels of zombies like they did in NDU. IDK, i digress, anyways we should especially pay attention to the area in the picture after we shoot the flytrap now..
Back to top Go down
GTOGreg
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 pm

I agree baddreams, After Carbon created a thread about a "little birdie" telling him something about moving the moon a while back, I have been obsessed with it. I have been trying all sorts of things to get the the moon to move and/or get the clock to start. Im positive that there are still some secrets in Der Riese, but I am at a loss to determine what they are.

I will keep trying, though.
Back to top Go down
edog728
Human
Human

Brains : 5772

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm

i was thinkin', what about trying to hit the bears with what weapons they are holding and havin' that certain perk for some on them? like someone with jugger and the upgraded colt only hit the bear in the cage. only thing is how would you get the bear with the bowknife.....???
Back to top Go down
GTOGreg
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Hello edog, welcome, not sure if you have been a member for long but did notice this was your 1st post!!

Anyway, its worth a try, I am betting you will need more than 1 person to account for all of the perk/weapon combinations. And you have a point, how would you address the bowie knife? Maybe just having the bowie knife would suffice?

Speaking of multiple players, I have not tried locating/shooting the hide & seek teddy bears simultaneously... Has that been tried by anyone?
Back to top Go down
edog728
Human
Human

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:36 pm

i aslo thought about that as well.... and thanks for the welcome... been on readin' the posts for a lil bit... really diggin' the forum.
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rutger
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 21
Brains : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I think this is just a try to get more people playing the Zombie-Maps . To get people more interested in the background-story so that they want more.

Maybe just a little pushing before MP4 come out. A sign that the release date is near ?

For "us" and the bigger part of the COD community this is nothing but old news.
Back to top Go down
edog728
Human
Human

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

this is true... marketin' schemes.... you never know until you tried though,,,,
Back to top Go down
edog728
Human
Human

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:00 pm

or i thought about something else too... what if you could do something with that teddy bear that is in the beginin' of the game in the alley next to the steps that lead to the tommy gun. you can't actually see it but you see the shadow of it. and i was watchin' a youtube video that someone made who was flyin' all around the place and he went to it and you can clearly see that it is a teddy bear there.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 73
Brains : 8615

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Cpt.Rutger wrote:
I think this is just a try to get more people playing the Zombie-Maps . To get people more interested in the background-story so that they want more.

Maybe just a little pushing before MP4 come out. A sign that the release date is near ?

I think I'd have to agree with you on this one. The Intel describes nothing but the 'Elevate your senses' achievement really. Nothing more.
Back to top Go down
gaurdstar
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 3
Brains : 6416

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:12 pm

actually, using the right packed weapons and perks doesn't wrok, it has been tried before. as for making the clock go, time isn't technically frozen, just the clock is broken and knocking bac to that time
Back to top Go down
ZombieHunterVII
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 12
Brains : 6415

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:15 pm

True. Time being rewinded Groundhog Day style isn't really something Call of Duty would do..
Back to top Go down
lantus nova
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 13
Brains : 6325

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:06 pm

ZombieHunterVII wrote:
True. Time being rewinded Groundhog Day style isn't really something Call of Duty would do..
Looking at Cod4, I wouldn't have thought they would do zombies. . . .
But the idea of time stopping is freaking awesome.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHunterVII
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 12
Brains : 6415

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm

...Powerups. Power power POWER UPS!!

A time stopping power up for 30-60 sec :3
Back to top Go down
lovegun
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 17
Brains : 7931

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:28 pm

well i've noticed they give us a map pack announcement every Tuesday. so maybe and most likely they will give us the announcement next Tuesday. anybody notice that. i could be wrong but i think i saw my calender right......lol
Back to top Go down
GoD_GraveDancer
Human
Human

Brains : 6380

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Cpt.Rutger wrote:

Who's "us"? And, day-old intel is "old news"? OK, bud.

To the person who asked me to elaborate, my thinking came from this:
If you troops happen to be heading back to Der Riese for another go, please remember to keep your wits about you and rely on the strength of your teammates. We've lost too many good soldiers and I'm not talking about the ones who've become zombie chow. Our psych ward back at base is filled with G.I.s whose heads are filled with voices of little demons. They say that these tiny voices won't leave them alone. The voices are begging them for another game of Hide and Go Seek, whatever that means.

Im not as young as most of you, so maybe its just my life experience speaking, but it seems they are telling us to play H&S again. Its already been mentioned that we have found only a small portion of the easter eggs and have uncovered only a small portion of the story. There simply has to be more.
Back to top Go down
http://www.PrestigeGamerz.com
CovertGunman
CommunityManager

Zombification : 108
Brains : 9224

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

GoD_GraveDancer wrote:
Cpt.Rutger wrote:

Who's "us"? And, day-old intel is "old news"? OK, bud.

To the person who asked me to elaborate, my thinking came from this:

Im not as young as most of you, so maybe its just my life experience speaking, but it seems they are telling us to play H&S again. Its already been mentioned that we have found only a small portion of the easter eggs and have uncovered only a small portion of the story. There simply has to be more.
Some good observations Grave. Perhaps they rolled out a silent update and now there's more to the Hide and Seek game. Or perhaps we were just simply not noticing something that has been there all along.

Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 16
Brains : 6573

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm

gaurdstar wrote:
actually, using the right packed weapons and perks doesn't wrok, it has been tried before. as for making the clock go, time isn't technically frozen, just the clock is broken and knocking bac to that time

You have about as much proof that the clock is broke as I do saying it frozen.
Back to top Go down
driftmaster88
Human
Human

Brains : 5763

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:31 am

has anyone tempted to throw a monkey bomb at the tedy bear in the alley by the pap, the one that casts a shadow?
Back to top Go down
Nevernoz
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : -1
Brains : 6301

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:45 am

driftmaster88 wrote:
has anyone tempted to throw a monkey bomb at the tedy bear in the alley by the pap, the one that casts a shadow?

Yup, it's been done before.
Nothing happens, even though it IS a Teddy.
But it is there before H&S so there isn't anything special to it.

Unless... After you activate the Fly Trap? Now that this intel is out. :33
Back to top Go down
Cpt.Rutger
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 21
Brains : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:03 am

CovertGunman wrote:

Some good observations Grave. Perhaps they rolled out a silent update and now there's more to the Hide and Seek game. Or perhaps we were just simply not noticing something that has been there all along.

Hmmm... they did some hot-fixing for zombie behavior, maybe the added something too.

Maybe there is more, but until s.o. finds out i still think it's just marketing. Cause there is nothing in that Intel that is already known.
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 9
Brains : 7569

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:57 am

Hm... Heres what I'm thinking..

When you shoot the Monkey Bomb first, instead of destroying the other two bears.... It moves them? Just a thought....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hide & Seek   

Back to top Go down

Hide & Seek

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-