HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 13
Brains : 6306

PostSubject: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:23 am

Beware: This is much reading, but it may get you to rounds over 40. Very Happy

Before we found this strategy, my and my friend’s highest level was 31. The first time we used the strategy, we got to 40. The second, and last time – 42. So I will say that this may be one of the best strategies out there.

I think this works best with two-player, though i haven’t tried it with more or less players.

But remember; This is not a strategy which will help a noob to the higher levels.
You can’t use it before lvl 20-25, so you have to be that good. But I will give you some tips:

In lvl 1, let the zombies in, and then knife them. If you want to, you can put a Colt-magazine in their legs, but you can save the rounds if you want to.

Why do you have to let them in?

1. You will get points when you build up the barriers. 40 points in level 1, 90 in lvl 2 and I think it’s 130 in lvl 3. This will continue to increase and increase..

2. They may drop pickups/powerups. If you kill a zombie when it’s outside the map/window, it will take it’s powerup with it into the death.

Do the same in lvl 2. Let them in, and knife them. I will recommend that you put a mag in their legs this time, to get some points – but always kill them with the knife.

Knife-kill = 130 p.
Gun-kill = 60 p/100 p for headshot
Grenade-kill = 50 p.

+ Every stab with the knife, every bullet that hit them and every grenade that hurt them will give you 10 points, as long as it doesn’t kill them.

In lvl 3 you can choose. Either open the door or continue to defend the room. This depends on your points, your ammo and how good you manage to survive. You can also open the door in the middle of the round, no problem.

Now, when you have to get out of there, go the Thompson-way. This is critical for the strategy to work in the later rounds.

One smart tips is to let one or both players have enough points to buy the Bowie-knife as soon as possible. Bowie is first priority, then Juggernaut and after that – weapon. You really don’t need Jugg in the first 7-10 rounds (but of course it’s good to have), and you really don’t need a weapon before lvl 10 or later. So, when you have enough points, buy Bowie. Hurt the zombies with Colt and kill them with the knife. When you get 2500 p, buy Jugg. As said before, a knife-kill will give you 130 points, this is more than twice as much as you will get if you kill them with a bullet-weapon (if you don’t take headshot, though).

When you are going to link teleporter A, go to the mainframe and open the two doors into the Trench Gun-room, then the door into the teleporter. DO NOT REMOVE THE GARBAGE IN THE STAIRS UP TO JUGGERNAUT.

From round 10-23/25 – survive, and get as much points as you can. Me and my friend use to camp in the cave at Teleporter C, but use your own strategy if you think that one is better. Don’t waste all your money on the random-box. A Thompson is useable, an MP-40 too. Make crawlers and take a new weapon when you’re low in ammo. Remember to aim for their heads. This will kill them faster, save your ammo and most important; Give you almost twice as much points for the kill (although shooting them in their chest will give you more 10-points).

The things you need for the later rounds is:

Player 1:

Ray Gun
Wunderwaffe
Monkey Bomb
Betties
Jugg, Speed Cola, Quick Review and Double Tap (Makes the Ray Gun shoot faster).

Player 2:

Ray Gun
Flamethrower
Monkey Bomb
Betties
Jugg, Speed Cola, Quick Review and Double Tap (Makes the Ray Gun shoot faster).

When you see that you can’t hold them off anymore, probably around lvl 20-25, start using the real strategy. You won’t need to have all the weapons you need yet, but you need something good for killing Zombies. An MG is nice, and Wunderwaffe is really nice.

The main strategy:

When the round start, be at teleporter C. Place your betties in the cave (have enough space between them so the Zombies won’t activate more than one betty at a time). Both players stand in the teleporter. When the zombies come, kill them. When you see that they are too many - teleport. The one with the most points should do that. When you are at the mainframe, take to the left – into the Trench Gun-room. Go up to the teleporter and camp inside it. Again, kill as many zombies as possible, and then teleport when their too many.

This time, go to the other side – the Thompson way. Go up the stairs and stand at the edge where you can drop down to where the power switch is. Again, as soon as there are too many zombies, drop down.

Now, you can choose to turn on the electric barrier, or not. If you have control and one of you have the Wunderwaffe, I will recommend (at least at the earlier rounds) to use it instead of the barrier. But it also depends on how much ammo you have left and how much points you have. But again; My tip is to use the Waffe – you will need your points later on.

Then, when you’ve turned on the barrier or used some Waffe-shots, run back to teleporter C. One of you may rebuild the window down in the cave. And then it’s all again:
Defend yourselves, teleport, go to A, defend yourselves, teleport, go to the edge where Double Tap is, defend yourselves, jump down, turn on the Barrier/Waffe, run back to C – and repeat. This is the whole strategy, you can continue like this in ages.
Why you don't move the garbage in the stairs up to Juggernaut from the Trench Gun-room, is to make less zombies come over the bridge when you are at the edge near Double Tap. It also makes it easier to get Juggernaut if you need to later on.

Some tips:

- In the later rounds, after 25, the dogs will almost always begin to follow a regular pattern – You will almost certainly have dogs every 5 rounds. This means that if you got dogs in lvl 31, and you’re in lvl 35 – you can really use your ammo.

- One grate tip for getting points is to throw a monkey bomb, then the one with the flamethrower can spray them. He will get a lot of points. I mean: VERY, VERY MANY POINTS. Like 5000 or so. Then, when the monkey has exploded; A shot with the Wunderwaffe could be nice. I recommend you to do this at the courtyard besides the power switch. Do this only when you know you will get dogs soon, you will need the monkeys if you get problems.

- One great thing with this round is that it almost visit all the perks. If one of you gets downed, and get up again, you can run and take the Fast Reload when you are going the Thompson way, and you also have enough time to get Juggernaut; If you are fast. Quick review and Double Tap is also no problem to get, as you run past them in every round.

- When you can see a Max Ammo, just throw all your Monkey Bombs. If you get it, you will get them all back.

- Throw Monkey’s strategic. If you need to run through a passage, where there come hordes of zombies through, don’t throw it on your side of the door. Then all the zombies will run against you, hurt you and block the passage. Throw it through the door and as long as you can.

- In rounds 30++ you will need ammo. There can be smart to don’t wait too long with teleporting, or you will use too much ammo. You can also use the electric barrier at the door into the Trench Gun room – this will save a lot of your ammo.

- Be careful when you use the Wunderwaffe. There is well-known that if you shoot a zombie that is too close you, you will get the blue electricity around you. This will hurt you “forever”, you will get downed if a zombie touches you – Juggernaut or not. Therefore, always make sure that there are no Zombies very close to you when you fire the Wunderwaffe.

If you hurt yourself with it, though, a downing will cure you. If you have enough points; Save the last zombie/crawler and get killed by your own grenade or the zombie (be careful!). Then be reviewed and buy the perks you need (All four perks = 9000 p, but it's not critical to have all of them if your economy isn't that good. Prioritize it this way: Jugg, Speed Cola, Quick Reviewe, Double Tap.).

- Use the Waffe at the zombies who come up the stairs at teleport A. This will kill a lot of zombies in a few shots. But, as I wrote above; Be careful!

- If one of you gets downed when you’re in a teleporter, teleport away from there immediately. Review him and continue with the round, but be carful and if you have time – get the perks.

- You probably have just enough time to check if you get a powerup when you teleport. Stand in front of the PaP and see what you get, then run to the left/right if you get something bad. Double points is probably not worth it, unless you really need points and you can see that you have time for it. The Hammer is definitely not worth it. I would have taken Max Ammo, Insta-Kill and the nuke – but always consider the situation.
Notice that you may also get extra dogs when you teleport instead or in addition to a powerup. In the later rounds you will almost only get dogs, and no powerups, but it's still worth checking.

- Don’t upgrade/Pack-a-Punch your weapons too early. When you get Ray Gun – wait with the upgrade. This will save ammo, and when you are really in need off a magazine, you can pack-a-punch it to get Max Ammo. The same with Wunderwaffe – there is no need of upgrading it before you have under one-two magazines.

- When it's dogs, place down ONE betty. If you place both of them, you won't get any ones after the Max ammo. Also, killing dogs is easy with the Bowie-knife, at least in the earlier rounds.

- When you have a Max Ammo in sight, let all players reload - if you have time for it. Max ammo only give you max ammo "outside" the gun, it doesn't refill your gun. If you forget to reload your MG for example, you may lose 125 rounds.

- If you play split-screen (recommended) you can always hit the Start-button (don’t know what it’s on X360) and take a break. Do you get a weapon you consider to take? Take a break and discuss it with your mate. Do the same if you have to take some decisions.

- The Flamethrower is ONLY FOR GETTING POINTS. You won't kill them with it, but it will give a lot of points. And i mean; a lot. Use the flamethrower only if you have very good control, and if its Insta-kill or any of you have thrown a Monkey Bomb. Upgrade it if you have enough points, but you don't have to.

- When it's dogs, camp in the innermost part of the cave at teleporter C. Don't have any space between you and the wall behind you, or there may spawn dogs behind you. Stab the dogs with your knife in the early rounds, and use the Ray Gun in the later ones. They will be "activated" (become "flaming" and attack you) as soon as they are at the bottom of the stairs, shoot at them as soon as that happens.

Wow, this became really long. I hope someone has bothered reading this.. Please leave a comment of what you think of the strategy – AND TRY IT! Very Happy
If you have something you want to add or change, tell me!

Tell me how long you came using this strategy, and if you want to make a videoguide or post this strategy on another forum or something – please credit me.

EDIT: Please hit the "Thanks"-button if you think that I deserve it. Smile

Last edited by Mokko on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:20 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 22
Brains : 8635

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 am

Epic. Sounds like a good stratergy though I assume you mean 130 points in round 3.

I'll try this out tomorrow btw. Unfortunatley I'm away today, I'm even missing the ps3 play date. Sad

Last edited by COMPLETEWASUK on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
metrocedes
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 27
Brains : 8378

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:41 am

mate, that is awsome. i knew this was the way to go but no-one will try it out.
to scared of leaving the cat walk without a crawler.
im a big fan of the flamethrower in the cave technique,get lots and lots of points with this gun and never run out.
i will try and get the boys to do this later if i play it.
will update our results in the morning.
thanks dude. quality guide.
Back to top Go down
http://codzombies.forum0.net
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 am

Hehe, of course. ^^ Edited.

EDIT: I've added another tip, the last one.
Back to top Go down
metrocedes
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am

Mokko wrote:
Hehe, of course. ^^ Edited.

EDIT: I've added another tip, the last one.

credit will be given where credit is due my friend. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 am

Hehe, didn't ment that one. The last tip with the "-" in front. Wink
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:59 am

Mokko wrote:

I tried using the flamer as an actual weapon once. It didn't end well. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
metrocedes
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Mokko wrote:

lol. nevermind, still think you deserve credit. ive not seen anyone get that far yet. except the level 2147 noobs.ect Laughing
but yea, i love the nitro cooled flamer.

Last edited by metrocedes on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 73
Brains : 8749

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Good strategy. You've put alot of effort into this, I'll try it next time I play. One thing I do disagree with though is what you say about Double Tap. Although you don't have a machine gun it still makes the Ray Gun shoot a hell of alot faster so if you've got a spare 2000 I think it's worth getting.
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:09 pm

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
Good strategy. You've put alot of effort into this, I'll try it next time I play. One thing I do disagree with though is what you say about Double Tap. Although you don't have a machine gun it still makes the Ray Gun shoot a hell of alot faster so if you've got a spare 2000 I think it's worth getting.

I too find it occasionally useful with both the ray gun and stg.
Back to top Go down
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Hm.. I've red that the Double Tap doesn't affect other than machine guns, but this is probably wrong. Will edit the post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:14 pm

It definately makes the Ray Gun shoot faster which would be good when you are trying to get rid of as many zombies as possible by the teleporters. I wouldn't say you NEED it but it does help give you the upper-hand.
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Mokko wrote:
Hm.. I've red that the Double Tap doesn't affect other than machine guns, but this is probably wrong. Will edit the post. Smile

It doesn't change alot of guns but I find it noticable on the ray gun, stg, bar, trench gun and upgraded colt.
Back to top Go down
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm

Ok, I've edited the post now. Keep coming with improvements if you have any. And I've spent som time (read = very much time) making this guide, so I'm really glad that you like it and that you will try it. Thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:29 pm

It's a good strategy. I might try it past Round 30 though rather than 20 because me and my friend tend to be able to take the catwalk easily until then. Well we've got to 36 on the catwalk but once it gets past then ammo drains way to quickly.
Back to top Go down
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Added another tip about dogs.
Back to top Go down
Nchewbacca
Undead Master
Undead Master

Zombification : 10
Brains : 7239

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Excellent job. I usually play with two people, and this should be a good strategy to try out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 pm

I personally think that backing into a place during dogs is a bad idea because once they get to close you're screwed. I prefer going straight to the area where the power switch is and running around there firing my Ray Gun like crazy because I don't need to worry about ammo. Camping may work better for some but the amount of times I have died during dogs because I've been cornered...
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm

I run around during dog rounds too. The trench gun is great for despatching them on the fly.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:48 pm

I used to back-up into the corridor near the box in Shi No Numa but found this was useless in the later rounds. Running around in circles firing Rays all the way!
Back to top Go down
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:54 pm

Think the Coom Room-strategy is the best on Shi No Numa.

And, he, I saw that I have 0 Zombification, so you people may hit the "Thanks"-button if you want to. Wink
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Mokko wrote:

And, he, I saw that I have 0 Zombification, so you people may hit the "Thanks"-button if you want to. Wink

There you go. I wondered what those were for. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Mokko wrote:

Wheres the thanks button or am I being retarded?

Yeah, I used the Comm Room Strat in Shi No Numa and it is awesome. I wish there was a better one for co-op though because I tried doing the Comm Room with 2 players and it didn't work as well at all.
Back to top Go down
COMPLETEWASUK
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:
Mokko wrote:

Wheres the thanks button or am I being retarded?

Yeah, I used the Comm Room Strat in Shi No Numa and it is awesome. I wish there was a better one for co-op though because I tried doing the Comm Room with 2 players and it didn't work as well at all.

The little plus next to the post. On the right hand side.

I'll give you a positive vote too llama cause you make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Mokko
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:10 pm

I'm almost 100% sure that camping in the cave is better than running crazy around. As long as you are more than one player there is no problem, with the Ray Gun it's easy to keep them at a distance. Every time we get dogs it's like a free, extra lvl. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.   

Back to top Go down

A strategy which brought me to lvl 40 first time used.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-