HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

I hate Twilight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 73
Brains : 8631

PostSubject: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:09 am

Okay, so recently the new Twilight film came out. If anyone doesn't know it's a movie revolving around vampire love and it is one of the worst franchises I have ever set my eyes on. The script is terrible, the acting is wooden and even the special effects look just plain awful yet it seems to have captured the hearts of millions of teen girls everywhere who won't shut the hell up about it. I for one hate these movies and it is a sad state of the film industry when something as terrible as this can develop such an excessive, obsessive fan base. As an aspiring film director myself it's painful to see that the only things that seem to make money these days are films with no purpose, meaning or reason. People don't realise that film is an art form and a way to express yourself, not to do a page for page book adaptation and only go out to please a certain demographic. Whatever happened to good films that didn't rely solely on hype and bad special effects?

What are your thoughts on this beyond bad franchise?
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 17
Brains : 6453

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 am

=O
=O =O =O
I love twilight! -_-
Maybe you should read the books before you blame the storyline!
I like the movies but they're kinda of shaky and 'drab'. =)
But the books are good! =D

PS: I'm team Edward =)
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:32 am

I kind of expected you to say that because it is aimed solely at your age group. Let me guess, you swoon when Robert Pattison comes into the scene even though he looks like a dressed-down hobo with two expressions? I have read part of the books and the writing is dull and lackluster. Even somebody as renowned and talented as Stephen King thinks that Stephanie Meyer is a boring writer. She has also made vampires look like pathetic little emo kids who cry for lost lovers. Whatever happened to awesome vampires like Nosferatu who only came out at night to suck the blood of innocents? Twilights vampires sparkle in the sun, wear lipstick and are about as interesting as a plank of wood. It doesn't end there though, I'm just plain sick of untalented people making a living out of what they're doing. There are so many more people out there who have better ORIGINAL stories to tell that should be getting the attention they deserve but are blocked out by this crap.

Last edited by Homicidal_llama2 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 9
Brains : 7585

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:38 am

Acuity wrote:
=O
=O =O =O
I love twilight! -_-
Maybe you should read the books before you blame the storyline!
I like the movies but they're kinda of shaky and 'drab'. =)
But the books are good! =D

PS: I'm team Edward =)

Lol, Class 1 example.
I read all the books, the only good one was the last one, cuz during birth the main girl pretty much died Very Happy
You can ask my parents, I feel asleep watching the movie ( I had to go, no one was home) and I fell asleep Very Happy

I hate it too.
OOOOHHHH, Jacob is SOOOOOOO HOOOOOOT!!

Gimme a break Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:51 am

I don't think Jacob is hot!
... Just Casper and Edward =)

And maybe we like such books and movies because in reality, boys can just be too 'dismissive' of everything around them! -_-
maybe if you stopped jeering at everything girls like, you'd be one of them! =P
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:59 am

I don't jeer at everything girls like. My best friend is a girl and I got cottoned onto Twilight by a guy who was reading the books. Yes, I understand that these books/films are used as some kind of escapism for young girls but can't you even realise that if anything they may as well be stereotyping women in the worst way possible? Damsel in distress, Bella's obsessive behavior towards Edward and Edward's romantic hero status. These are all stereotypes that any serious feminist would simply implode from. I really don't see this 'sagas' appeal beyond raking in as much cash as possible without warranting any artistic merit. I would say that the majority of this is just my opinion but alot of my hates for this thing spawn not just from the story but the messages and themes.
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:08 am

female activists or whatever may be against it, but it's true =P
They probably want what they are against.
It's natural female desires to want protection from 'superior' guys =D

I like all of it =)
It's a nice, cliche' story that makes me feel like love actually can exist, rather then hormones and teenage poop! =)
Back to top Go down
KNO1ATALL
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 9
Brains : 7585

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:17 am

^^^

I guess you kinda got a point..... But I still hate it when my fellow teens get all dramatic and shizz when some random Rock Band you've never heard of before comes on... Really? Do You have to fake-faint every time some guy comes on TV?

Well, whatever, just like the XBOX vs. PS3 battle, it's all a matter of opinion.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:14 am

Isn't everything just a matter of opinion? Admittedly the world would be a very dull place if everyone enjoyed the same things but sometimes I despise something so much I have to be vocal about it. If Twilight wasn't so popular I wouldn't be so bothered but it's just the fact that there are so many more interesting stories out there that have the lime light taken away from them because of some poorly released blockbuster. It's rushed, I mean they've even already finished the next film in the series it just shows that they're only in it for the money and not creating an interesting film. Due to the recent movies quality it just shows that they aren't out to impress or break any moulds.

I think thats absolute crap that females want protection by (I really can't believe you used this word) 'superior' guys. I'm not some activist myself but I mean come on. As in love actually existing do you mean obsession and heartbreak with everyone in the known universe against you? Yeah beautiful. There are so many better love stories and so many better vampire films were they don't 'sparkle' like emo poster boys. Go watch The Lost Boys, it's head and shoulders above this poorly written turd.
Back to top Go down
xCrazzyGuy92x

Zombification : 21
Brains : 8030

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:19 am

Ok well i want to put mah 2 cents in lol

The first movie came out when i was dating a girl and she loved the movie. And she wanted to watch it all the time. (Sad <---- me) So i went to watch the second one and let me tell you omfg guys unless your gay dont watch that movie. I swear the guys in the movie have their shirt off 1/2 of the movie. I started texting after like 45 min. But i listened and watched some scenes. But the only reason i watched it was to see if the damn girl got bitten yet. but SHE DIDNT! wtf make her ass a vampire already!!!!

Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:25 am

You are all insensitive meanies! =)

[img][/img]
Mmm =D
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:38 am

I am as sensitive towards films as you can get but come on. Robert Pattinson is like Zoolander in that film, he only has one look that he has perfected. My dog is a better actor. I really don't see his appeal on top of the fact that the guy never washes his hair. Then again of course people only dig him for his looks, not his sophisticated protrayal of the character. The movie may as well just be a bunch of photos of Pattinson doing his perfected zoolander style look because thats all people seem to care about. The good thing is that because of his poor acting he will forever be typecasted to star in these crappy fantasy movies!
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:40 am

that 'look' is his vampire characteristic?
And he wont just be in 'crappy fantasy movies'
He's acting in another movie that's coming out soon =)
And harry poter =D
Back to top Go down
YoungMaxwell

Zombification : 29
Brains : 9048

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:52 am

I saw the first one not so long ago - i really didnt know what was going on. way too confusing for me.

Xbox 360 GT: YoungMaxwell
Back to top Go down
http://www.callofdutyzombies.com
Snowyman13
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 13
Brains : 6165

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:55 am

ya i saw the first one with my ex but i didnt make alot of sense to me it seemed to jump around alot
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:42 pm

What so his vampire characteristic is to be boring and ooze the fakest passion I've ever seen? The newest film he is in is called Remember Me and is; "A drama centered on two lovers whose newfound relationship is threatened as they try to cope with their respective family tragedies." Wow, sounds like Twilight without the vampires. But anyway this isn't a personal attack on Pattinson I just really doubt beyond the Twilight saga he will actually go anywhere apart from advertising his own brand of cologne.

These films won't be remembered in the years to come, they don't have the traits of good films and they nowhere near come close to classics. They don't stand the test of time from last week never mind five years into the future. Believe me, you'll look back in that amount of time & think 'did I really like that?'
Back to top Go down
Coqui123
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 10
Brains : 6161

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:56 pm

I also hate twilight.
But is it between vampire and werewolf,I go with werewolf...
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com
DeadShock
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 21
Brains : 6118

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Twilight... I was unforunately conned into reading the first book by three girls I know. I read the first five chapters and put it down due to lack of interest and poor writing. The authors only talent seemed to be describing the male lead and the girls obsseession with him. Also what was with her throwing all the vampire lore that has been amassed thourought the ages out the window? I mean what happened to vampires not being able to go out into the sunlight (instead the sparkle in it). Or their inablitity to face the cruxifix? And what about the wooden stake in the heart as a way to kill them? No now you have to cut them up and burn them! What happened to good old fashioned Dracula? While I have nothing against people trying new and innovative approaches to the vampire or Horror genre, this is merely just an attempt to be able to sell to teenage girls, it isn't even worthy to stand in the vampire genre. And try as I might to explain this all to the Twilight fangirls at my school, they alas would not listen. In the end I feel that twilight is no more than putting teenage girls fantasies down on paper. Of course If I were a teenage girl I'm sure I'd see things differently.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal Cuban
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 1
Brains : 5690

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:17 pm

Why do vampires and wolves cant just get along and throw themselves off a cliff.
Back to top Go down
Acuity
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:40 pm

well to girls, they are good movies.
And no, not because of Robert Pattison or shirtless people =P
The story makes you want what Bella wants, which is to have a cliche' romance, secured love, protection and ever lasting life!
and who cares if they dont have the typical vampires?
None of them are real, why must they all be the same?

and dont think they were all crazed about it, and we want to live every thinking about robert pattison!

It's just a nice book that we enjoy and really doesnt deserve all this critisism! =D
Back to top Go down
lissa110

Zombification : 18
Brains : 6020

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm with you acuity, i loved the books, i found the first movie to be slow and missing key elements of the book, and the girl who plays bella is a bit wooden (not my choice for bella), new moon much better movie (has a different director), acting is a bit better. but it is still good. whats the appeal for guys and action movies they wont be remebered in 5 yrs but guys love them so why cant a girl indulge in guilty pleasure, we have to enjoy only clossics. also keep in mind highest grossing movie of all time titanic, chick flick. homicidal, these are your words "People don't realise that film is an art form and a way to express yourself", this is what a bunch of screaming females of all ages are interrested in not just teenagers. now that i have sd my peace back off to talking about zombies.

ps acuity, there is no one named casper in the books or movies his name is jasper, probably just a typing error.
Back to top Go down
DEMON xMYQx
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 11
Brains : 7634

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:48 am

Honestly, I am a guy and I actually like Twilight. I read all the books and the movies aren't bad if you change the point of view. I look at it as drama not romance. But honestly, if you hate Twilight, that's your opinion, but don't make a big issue about it. **EDIT** I've read back to earlier posts. You put it down like it's dog shit on a sanitary lawn. If you don't like any of it, then don't comment. I don't need to see this all day long "oh, twilight is so gay, only girls read it" bull! I know so many people that read the series and watch the movies, guys and girls alike. Don't think it's all centered around Rob Pattinson or Taylor Lautner. It isn't, it's based off of Bella Swan's p.o.v and not all girls are there for the guys. A lot are there for the story. I personally went to see it because I wanted to see if they improved from Twilight. Which they did, and just because you have a taste in a different type of directing/style/writing, does NOT mean that this particular series sucks. End of story.
Back to top Go down
http://cobrazvenomx.deviantart.com/
Stealth
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 10
Brains : 6815

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 am

Ive yet to see new moon, But i found the first really romantic Razz
but yeah, its nto bad, my saying is, if you got nothing good to say, dont say anything at all

you've obviously annoyed demon, so this is just fuel for a fued. i personally agreee with him. Its a good movie. If you dont like something you dont have to writwe it up here, and annoy other members
Back to top Go down
Niho

Zombification : 38
Brains : 8142

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:55 am

Poorly written books about vampires..and..whatever the hell else that goes on..

*Scene Girls, Y'Gotta Love them..*

You may not like CovertGunman but..give me the Zombification for my hot gif of these sexy ladies :]
C'mon you know they're hot..Just look at them..
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:58 am

Okay thats a very subjective view point. I put up all the time with people saying how much they love and adore Twilight, why am I not allowed to state my opinion if I don't like it? Discussion boards are a place to state your views and opinions, if someone doesn't like that opinion I couldn't care less. This topic is called 'I hate Twilight' so you know what you're getting when you click on it. I have stated why I dislike it in not a completely stupid way. I'm not trolling just coming on saying 'Twilight is gay lol rofl.'

All in all, I think the hype around this thing has got way to out of control. Just because something makes a profit doesn't mean that it's good lissa110. McDonalds is one of the biggest food corporations in the whole world and it makes millions, this doesn't neccessarily mean that the food they make is quality though. Hollywood used to be a place that didn't focus all of it's attention on irritating remakes and the fact that girls all over the globe are throwing money at this thing means that the big film companies are only going to continue focusing on making terrible adaptations with lazy directors & actors like this. I hate action movies. I like a film with substance and because of rubbish like Twilight films like this are slowly falling out of existence. In a few years time the box office will most likely be primerely made up of films adaptated from books and thats just sad. As a director myself it's also a very daunting prospect to attempt to break an industry that is slowly getting ruined by terrible films like these.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hate Twilight   

Back to top Go down

I hate Twilight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-