HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

Treyarch may be about to announce something big.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 73
Brains : 8867

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:24 am

metrocedes wrote:
what does he say guys? in work and cant view twitter ect. just a rough summery will be nice. Very Happy

Copied and pasted for your viewing pleasure Metro;

"Let me preface this by saying: I am in no way speaking for Treyarch Studios or Activision, regardless of any perceived relationship with them. Do not reproduce this elsewhere as "Confirmed News", this post is 100% speculation and in no way reflects actual confirmation from the aforementioned companies. (Disclaimer)

That said, this my my personal "best guess" as what to expect if there is indeed a Map Pack 4 release for Call of Duty: World at War, I'll support my instincts with the best possible information at our disposal. So, here we go...

First off, let's start with the upcoming launch of COD Modern Warfare 2 to be released on November, 10th 2009. Both WaW and MW2 are Activision Published properties, so it can be assumed that they would in no way want those titles to compete with each other. No Official announcement for a Map Pack 4 has been made, so you can also assume that if there is one - it would have to be post-MW2 launch, in order to allow for a PR cycle to run it's usual course - not to mention, they wouldn't want to interfere with MW2's current buzz.

Secondly, in regards to MW2 - many owners of COD:WaW will be trading in their copies upon purchase of the subsequent title in the franchise. This fact, coupled with the intuition that release would be post-MW2 launch, leads me to this article which I'd like you to read prior to moving forward in this topic.

After reading that article, it illustrates a few things. First, that DLC is profitable - and second, that it's more profitable than in-store SKUs due to associated shipping costs. Where am I going with this? Put all the variables that I have mentioned above together.
- Post MW2 launch
- People Trade-In copies of WaW
- DLC is profitable
- ATVI won't want to compete with itself in the FPS genre

Take those assumptions and couple them with the success of WaW DLC... what has received the most Community Support and zeal? Easy - Nazi Zombies, which leads me to my final predication...

Map Pack 4 will be a Zombie exclusive package available via the XBL Marketplace and PSN Store (if there is a Map Pack 4). The maps will continue the developing storyline that has been cultivated since Verruckt and either bring conclusion to the story -or- suspense towards an upcoming title/DLC Release.

Simply, this is what makes sense in every way. Personally, when I was last at Treyarch Studios previewing Map Pack 3, you got the idea (though definitely never confirmed) that those maps were not the end of DLC Support for Call of Duty: World at War. Now, when you combine all of the points above, it's not hard to see why I came to this conclusion.

What's been left out is, "Why no Multiplayer Maps?" This is simply because people have traded in their physical copies of COD:WaW, thus drastically diluting the consumer base able to purchase maps for that theater. The buzz is Zombies and has been since pre-MP3, not to mention again, that ATVI will not want to compete with itself in the MP FPS genre (MW2). Would it be that hard to harness the buzz, develop, and subsequently release a "stand-alone" Map Pack of Zombies only for the XBL Marketplace & PSN Store?

My intuition says no: The GUI and code have already been developed, certainly there are other considerations, but I imagine those technical hurdles can be satisfied. Map Pack 4, would in essence be - a stand alone title not dependent upon the COD:WaW CD, previous Map Packs, or Title Updates.

I have thought this for some time, but have waited until now to post since I wanted to make sure that there was no pre-MW2 announcement, which I just can't see happening now. What will this all result in? Well, all we know Activision loves to milk the teet dry right (See Guitar Hero Franchise) - Why not dedicate a team at Treyarch Studios towards Zombie DLC and conclusion of the story while the meat and potatoes work on their next AAA Title? It's certainly nothing new for them, Treyarch works on multiple projects all the time - Spiderman & Quantum of Solace were both developed while World at War was in Production.

So, those are my thoughts & ideas - heck they're probably wrong, but I thought I'd bring a little substance & sensibility to the never ending MP4 discussion. Please post constructive comments below and let everyone know what you think. Thanks for reading and continue to enjoy Call of Duty: World at War!!!

Regards,

CHEFS"
Back to top Go down
metrocedes
Epic Zombie
Epic Zombie

Zombification : 27
Brains : 8496

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:33 am

thank you llama, that is very interesting.
to me that reads:
do not trade in you WAW games to buy MW2 as treyarch are planning to release a zombie only DLC after the release of MW2.

anyone agree? of course he wont CONFIRM it but they are like, his mates arent they? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://codzombies.forum0.net
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:12 pm

metrocedes wrote:
thank you llama, that is very interesting.
to me that reads:
do not trade in you WAW games to buy MW2 as treyarch are planning to release a zombie only DLC after the release of MW2.

anyone agree? of course he wont CONFIRM it but they are like, his mates arent they? Smile

I doubt they'd tell him anything but I suppose he makes sense. I just think that it seems weird that Treyarch are been so secretive and whenever anyone asks them something about MP4 they become all cryptic. If there wasn't going to be an MP4 then surely they'd just answer the question of 'is there going to be one' with a no?
Back to top Go down
wickedgooddeli
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 0
Brains : 6301

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Homicidal_llama2 wrote:

I doubt they'd tell him anything but I suppose he makes sense. I just think that it seems weird that Treyarch are been so secretive and whenever anyone asks them something about MP4 they become all cryptic. If there wasn't going to be an MP4 then surely they'd just answer the question of 'is there going to be one' with a no?

but then if they did answer the question like that... wouldnt the game lose alot of this internet buzz it has been getting recently??
Back to top Go down
http://codzombies.forum0.net
wiggum1978
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 2
Brains : 6276

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:57 pm

I don't think they would concerned about buzz on the internet if they aren't making map pack 4, they have probably sold all the copies they are going to sell (obviously as the price is reduced people who were unwilling to purchase it for full price will step in). IW was very upfront about not making another map pack and the number of online players didn't dip much until WaW came out.
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:12 pm

wiggum1978 wrote:
I don't think they would concerned about buzz on the internet if they aren't making map pack 4, they have probably sold all the copies they are going to sell (obviously as the price is reduced people who were unwilling to purchase it for full price will step in). IW was very upfront about not making another map pack and the number of online players didn't dip much until WaW came out.

Exactly, so either they like all of this attention (and messing the fans about) or there actually is going to be a MP4.
Back to top Go down
wiggum1978
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 2
Brains : 6276

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Treyarch probably would have said there is no new map pack and given a reason like IW did that they are focusing on their next game and would rather put the investment in making the new game as good as possible. I don't see any reason to refuse to say there is no new map pack if there isn't one. Chances are map pack 3 has sold the majority of downloads it will ever receive, there is no new money to be made there.

People will leave the game but if there is a new DLC that is good people (who don't sell their game) will come back and check it out, CHEFS makes a point about creating a download whcih does not need the disc to be able to run would allow for greater sales.

When it comes down to it, all Treyarch does by refusing to say anything about MP4, if there isn't one, is annoy users but enough will still come back for the next game or the new DLC when it becomes available. People can say they wont purchase the next game like people have said about MW2 if they don't have dedicated servers but in the end they will, it may just take longer.

As an example: I live outside Philly, when the Eagles signed Michael Vick all you heard from people interviewed or on the radio was that they were going to return their season tickets. How dare the Eagles sign a player to tortured dogs. A total of 10 people returned their season tickets, now the crowd cheers when he trots out on the field and people buy and walk walk around wearing his jersey.
Back to top Go down
MRSshr00ms
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 44
Brains : 8931

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

^^^^^you have a very strong point...if they arent gonna release it than they would of told us by now...
Back to top Go down
Homicidal_llama2
WhatWeKnow

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:32 pm

MRSshr00ms wrote:
^^^^^you have a very strong point...if they arent gonna release it than they would of told us by now...

Yeah, or they're just reeeeeeeeeally cruel!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Treyarch may be about to announce something big.   

Back to top Go down

Treyarch may be about to announce something big.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-