HomeHomeFAQSearchRegisterCoDz TwitterCoDz YoutubeLog in
New CoDz Site now live, http://callofdutyzombies.com/home
The new CoDz site is now live!

http://callofdutyzombies.com/home

Be sure to register on there to become a member as it is a totally new site and nothing from this free forum will carry over.

Share | 

Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
daguysitinextou
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : -2
Brains : 6273

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:48 pm

TJ OWNZ wrote:
I'd bring a wunderwaffle and a mg42 and I'd bring posters of meagan fox same effect as monkeys except doesn't blow up they crap themselves so bad cuz they wish they invaded her shower instead
LOL nice one.
I would bring:

Intervention (for long distance ownage)

M249 SAW (no explanation but it owns)

Glock (automatic pistol? ftw.)

Land mines [(lots of em') good for when zombies get you at your blind spot]

C4 ( you'll never know when you gotta blast your way out of a tough situation)

And a chainsaw (ftw.)
Back to top Go down
slaveofpeons
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 8
Brains : 6265

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:27 pm

even if you have a mini, used in the right way, 3000 rounds could last a few days.

only an idiot would use the old addage "Spray and Prey" during a zom apocolypse.
Back to top Go down
Shackel11
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 2
Brains : 6235

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:47 pm

3000 in a minute = 50 per second.

That means for every zombie you see, you waste 45 rounds. If you get into a cluster, then you just lost all of your ammo.
Back to top Go down
Derrek Lee 25
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 4
Brains : 6765

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:55 am

daguysitinextou wrote:
TJ OWNZ wrote:
I'd bring a wunderwaffle and a mg42 and I'd bring posters of meagan fox same effect as monkeys except doesn't blow up they crap themselves so bad cuz they wish they invaded her shower instead
LOL nice one.
I would bring:

Intervention (for long distance ownage)

M249 SAW (no explanation but it owns)

Glock (automatic pistol? ftw.)

Land mines [(lots of em') good for when zombies get you at your blind spot]

C4 ( you'll never know when you gotta blast your way out of a tough situation)

And a chainsaw (ftw.)

the c4 part made me laugh really hard
Back to top Go down
Derrek Lee 25
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 4
Brains : 6765

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:56 am

Shackel11 wrote:
3000 in a minute = 50 per second.

That means for every zombie you see, you waste 45 rounds. If you get into a cluster, then you just lost all of your ammo.

you just got pwned slave
Back to top Go down
slaveofpeons
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 8
Brains : 6265

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:53 am

i never said it was practical, just that if done right you can have ammo last a good amount....

and the 3k rounds a min, is only a maximum amount you can do

and like i said,only an idiot holds down a trigger and sprays. a mini would be great if you camped a house and barricaded a door and wanted a mounted gun to hold them off if they broke in.

and even if its 50 rounds a second, that doesnt always meant that you automatically use those fifty rounds... just like with a gun that does 300-500 rounds a min, you dont always fire the " per second" amount.

and with the new mini being battery op'd, does it still have to be "spun up" or is it straightup firing from the second you pull the trig? cause if you still have to spin up, with proper training and the such, you could fire less ammo in a second.

another question.... if its battery powered as well, what would the batt life be on one of those?

cause it would totally suck if it died in the middle of your attack. lol
Back to top Go down
IXI HELLI0N IXI
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 5
Brains : 6193

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:50 am

slaveofpeons wrote:
i never said it was practical, just that if done right you can have ammo last a good amount....

and the 3k rounds a min, is only a maximum amount you can do

and like i said,only an idiot holds down a trigger and sprays. a mini would be great if you camped a house and barricaded a door and wanted a mounted gun to hold them off if they broke in.

and even if its 50 rounds a second, that doesnt always meant that you automatically use those fifty rounds... just like with a gun that does 300-500 rounds a min, you dont always fire the " per second" amount.

and with the new mini being battery op'd, does it still have to be "spun up" or is it straightup firing from the second you pull the trig? cause if you still have to spin up, with proper training and the such, you could fire less ammo in a second.

another question.... if its battery powered as well, what would the batt life be on one of those?

cause it would totally suck if it died in the middle of your attack. lol

most dillion aero mini guns operate on a 2 stage clutch, with 3000 rpm being the "SLOW" speed, and 6000 being the "FAST". The spool up time is roughly a 1/4 sec after trigger pull. even a well trained person is dumping alot of rounds per target. Also, .308 ammo is heavy, and you would need alot of it. Most helicopter s that have these mounted don't even cary 3000 rds, they keep enough ammo on hand for around 30 sec of sustained fire (1500 rds) So, it would be a great thing to have, if you had TONS of ammo and an approaching zombie horde. Just realize that you aren't gonna be stretching the firing time as much as you might expect. and honestly, its got to be mounted some where (building, vehicle, etc). If I have to use a mounted weapon, I'm thinking that a Browning M2 .50 would be really nice, it the M240. at least with the m240, it can be removed and carried/operated by hand. just my 2cents
Back to top Go down
wiggum1978
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 2
Brains : 6158

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm

the best weapons to carry would be ones which use the most common ammo types so it will be easier to scavenge for more. Sticking with standard 9mm , .45 and 7.62 (not sure if this is right) would probably be best.
Back to top Go down
TR1GG3R779
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 12
Brains : 6004

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:58 pm

Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
TR1GG3R779 wrote:
Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
A modern nuclear submarine, an aircraft carrier,
A compact smg
A 9mm pistol
A long knife
And last, a small boat with nets for fishing for food while I live on the carrier

Zombies cant swim!
not to burst your buble but a standered carrier has a crew of around 2500 ill join ya we got two manning the carrier now only 2498 to go Smile
I can cook, we dont need air traffic controllers, nor as much powers as the ship wont move, and you can clean
2 is all we need Smile

Wait how the heck did i get clean up duty WTF man.....
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.THECD.TK
Camo Wildcat
Zombie
Zombie

Brains : 7399

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:28 pm

any body know what round a G3 shoots? ive looked and found diff. answers

7.62x51 maybe i cant recall off hand
Back to top Go down
http://utopia7.myminicity.com/
IXI HELLI0N IXI
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 am

Camo Wildcat wrote:

7.62x51 is correct (also known stateside as .308 winchester)
Back to top Go down
Xx Timlinson xX
Zombie
Zombie

Zombification : 6
Brains : 6314

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:57 pm

TR1GG3R779 wrote:
Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
TR1GG3R779 wrote:
Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
A compact smg
A 9mm pistol
A long knife
And last, a small boat with nets for fishing for food while I live on the carrier

Zombies cant swim!
not to burst your buble but a standered carrier has a crew of around 2500 ill join ya we got two manning the carrier now only 2498 to go Smile
I can cook, we dont need air traffic controllers, nor as much powers as the ship wont move, and you can clean
2 is all we need Smile

I came up with the idea > ; ) We'll take turns cleaning, there shan't be too much to clean!
Back to top Go down
http://elarinth.co.cc
TR1GG3R779
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

Zombification : 12
Brains : 6004

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:32 pm

Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
TR1GG3R779 wrote:
Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
TR1GG3R779 wrote:
Xx Timlinson xX wrote:
A compact smg
A 9mm pistol
A long knife

Zombies cant swim!
2 is all we need Smile

I came up with the idea > ; ) We'll take turns cleaning, there shan't be too much to clean!

Why dont we just train some zombie to clean for us like Richt??????
Back to top Go down
http://WWW.THECD.TK
Camo Wildcat
Zombie
Zombie

Brains : 7399

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:50 pm

IXI HELLI0N IXI wrote:
Camo Wildcat wrote:

7.62x51 is correct (also known stateside as .308 winchester)

thanks want me to work on a promo for the guide?
Back to top Go down
http://utopia7.myminicity.com/
IXI HELLI0N IXI
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:43 pm

willis575 wrote:
1. All M4 rifles have pistons. And yes, they are about $2k. Sometimes less, sometimes more..

military m4 carbines are operated on a direct gas impingment on the bolt carrier. for dummies, this means that some of the gas used to push the bullet down the barrel is syphoned off towards the end of the barrel. this gas then flows back down a tube over top of the barrel, and then pushes the bolt backwards, allowing for a new round to be fed into the chamber when a spring pushes the bolt back forward. THERE IS NO PISTON ON MILITARY M4s! because of the direct impingment, and especially on an M4 bc of the shorter barrel, alot of hot gas and powder is blown back into the chamber everytime you fire. This makes for a very dirty operating system, and one that must be cleaned much more. now, there are models that have been designed to us a piston, where the gas syphoned off from the barrel pushes a metal piston, which then pushes the bolt back. This is a much cleaner and more reliable set up, and its what the AK has used for years. (yes, they had to modify the AR to be as reliable as the AK) But no one in the military except highend Spec Ops groups are using piston driven AR rifles, and those are all with out exception HK 416s. So, to say it again, 99% of m4, m16, and ar15 rifles use the dirtier and less reliable direct gas impingment.
oh, by the way, most m4 platforms, in mil-spec configuration, cost around $1000-1200. not $2000. Again, only piston driven rifles are in that price range, not the military rifles.

Last edited by IXI HELLI0N IXI on Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
willis575
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 27
Brains : 7484

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Normally I don't respond to trolls, but I already have in this thread so hey, why not?

Yep, you got me! I used the wrong terminology! Sorry! In my mind the gas blowback worked like a piston... apparently you are correct in that it is NOT technically a piston driven operation.

So looking at guns america it seems that you certainly can get an m4 for 12/15 hundo... but you can also end up payin 2 gs for one as well. Gee, came down in price since the last time I looked a few years ago.

I can stand debating and arguing. And I can stand being wrong... christ, i can even admit it sometimes (have plenty of times on this forum!) But what I can't stand is personal attacks. At no point did I or anybody else on this forum personally insult you or call in to question your integrity or character merely because of a debate.... I hope you do the right thing and remove the personal attacks from your post as they have no business being on this forum.

Perhaps later in life you will realize that opposing idea's and impassioned debate aren't cause for vitriol and insults.

-1 bad taste
Back to top Go down
YoungMaxwell

Zombification : 29
Brains : 9166

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:05 pm

IXI Hellion IXI and Willis575 - i know nothing about weapons, and reading your posts i have learnt a lot in little time from them. I know it may seem stupid me stepping in now but id like to qualm an argument that may stem from your last two posts. Hellion people do get their facts wrong, everyday. Please try not to flame them for doing so, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Xbox 360 GT: YoungMaxwell
Back to top Go down
http://www.callofdutyzombies.com
willis575
WhatWeKnow

Zombification : 27
Brains : 7484

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Agreed. A cool thread went totally off the rails. This is the last I'll mention it.
Back to top Go down
IXI HELLI0N IXI
Almost Zombie
Almost Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:13 pm

agreed, and i'll edit my post. apologies, willis

truce? cause honestly, we don't need more enemies when the zombies are goin nuts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?   

Back to top Go down

Loadout IRL zombie apocalypse?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Graveyard-